Find your Peace – Find your Calm
In our busy lives we may lose our inner balance due to busy-ness with its accompanying mind chatter and clatter seemingly in constant motion, rushing through our days.
When you begin to bring practices such as relaxation, meditation or mindfulness into your life you can learn to be “more slow”, “more aware” and hence be able to notice the need to live our lives in a different way. To notice blue skies, gentle moonshine; sliding into being in the present so we can notice how we feel now, not worrying about the future, not dwelling in the past, often with longing or dread. Just find joy and smiles in the present to give outward to those we meet.
Relaxation or meditation should not be hard; it begins with you where you are.
You can start with Jean’s tuition or choose to have a session of “me time” to allow yourself to begin to experience peace.
- Learn techniques to relax. Jean will show / demonstrate / lead you through calming, restive, restorative breathing and focus techniques for you to take home to use regularly to benefit your daily life.
- For pure relaxation and calming “time out” to relax, fully clothed on a massage table to experience peace, book a ‘Me-Time’ relaxation session.
The Benefits of Meditation and Relaxation
Relaxation gives you the opportunity to refocus your attention on something calming and increase awareness of your body. You’ll become more aware of muscle tension and other physical sensations of stress.
When you meditate, you clear away the information overload that builds up every day, giving you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health.
The benefits of relaxation are whole of body and mind:
- Slow down your breathing rate
- Reduce activity of stress hormones
- Reduce muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improve concentration and mood
- Lower fatigue
- Reduce anger and frustration; help balance emotions and emotional reactions
- Boost confidence to handle problems
Once you become familiar with relaxation and meditation techniques the skills can be used in everyday life – for challenges we meet; to integrate mind, breath; and to keep stress and anxiety at bay.